KEP Nuclear develops neutron counting stations (coincidences or total) fit to specific customer’s requirements.
Thanks to digital modeling, the item characteristics are defined according to the needs :
- Type and number of detectors,
- Used material,
- Characteristics (efficiency and output).
Thoses neutron counting stations are suitable for :
- Measurements in order to nuclear material follow-up in the production processes or the fuel cycle treatment,
- Measurements for nuclear material inventory,
- Curium inventory in the wastes from nuclear spent fuel treatment (spontaneous neutron emitting mainly due to Curium isotops 242 and 244),
- The assay of alpha activity in the large volume or/and high density radioactive wastes (gamma spectrometry non available in this case).
We have been developing innovative and specific solutions. We also ensure the definition of mechanical parts, distribution, control-command system and supervision.
3D views of a neutron counting station